PACKAGE HOLIDAY BOOKING CONDITIONS
YOUR CONTRACT IS WITH Golf Villa Rentals Limited, a Member of ABTA.
- Your holiday contract
When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there and wish to do so.
[If you had not seen these terms and conditions when you made your booking and you are not happy to proceed with the booking now that you have seen them please return all documentation to us or to your travel agent, within 7 days of receiving these booking conditions. Your booking will be cancelled and your monies will be returned in full, provided you have not commenced your travel. This clause does not apply if your booking was made within 10 weeks of travel].*
- Your financial protection
- We provide full financial protection for our package holidays, by way of a bond held by an insurance policy with MGA Cover Services Limited.
ABTA: We are a Member of ABTA, membership number Y6444. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com. You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of registering your complaint with us; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved
- Your Holiday Price
1)We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the holidays shown in our brochure. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
2)When you make your booking you must pay a deposit of 25% per person. The balance of the price of your travel arrangements must be paid at least 8 weeks before your departure date. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your travel arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit. The price of your travel arrangements was calculated using exchange rates quoted in the Financial Times Guide to World Currencies on 17th November 2016 in relation to the following currencies: Euro, US Dollar
Changes in [transportation costs, including the cost of fuel] [dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports] and [exchange rates] mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. However there will be no change within 30 days of your departure. We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that, plus an administration charge of £1 per person together with an amount to cover agents’ commission. If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel: 1) you must do so within 14 days from the date on your final invoice 2) We will provide a refund of insurance premiums paid to us if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy. Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
4)All monies you pay to the travel agent are held by him on our behalf at all times.
- If You Change Your Booking
If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking or your travel agent. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of £50, and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Note: Certain travel arrangements (e.g. Apex Tickets) may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
- If You Cancel Your Booking
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking or your travel agent must be received at our offices. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay cancellation charges as follows:
Period before departure Cancellation charge
in which you notify us
57+ days Deposit only
43-56 days50% of holiday cost
22-42 days75% of holiday cost
0-21 days100% of holiday cost
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
- If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday
As we plan your holiday arrangements many months in advance we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Changes If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. In some cases we will also pay compensation (see below). These options don’t apply for minor changes. Examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, changes of carriers. Please note that carriers such as airlines used in the brochure may be subject to change. Cancellation We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 2 weeks before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance. We may cancel your holiday before this date if, e.g., the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached. If your holiday is cancelled you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value).In some cases we will pay compensation (see below).
Insurance If we cancel or make a major change and you accept a refund, we will provide a full refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
Compensation If we cancel or make a major change we will pay compensation as detailed below except where the major change or cancellation arises due to reasons of force majeure. The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
Force Majeure We will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport.
- If You Have A Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier) and our resort representative immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department at 168 Church Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2DL giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services as well as to our representative without delay and complete a report form whilst in resort. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under this contract. Please also see clause 3 above on ABTA.
- Our Liability to You
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed by us or our suppliers we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements. However we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to: you; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall. Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of 2 times the cost of your travel arrangements. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to
- Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any conventions.
You can ask for copies of the transport contractual terms, or the international conventions, from your Transport Provider. Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details will be publicised at EU airports and available from airlines. However reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in clause 7. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline will be deducted.
NB this clause does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions or activities whilst on holiday.
- Prompt assistance in resort
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
- Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements
Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
When you book your holiday, we will ask you for your preferred Tee Times. We will then pass on your request to our offices overseas or direct to the golf courses, who will do their best to obtain tee times as close as possible to those requested. The golf included with each holiday may be changed to other courses due to non-availability of the requested course and the difference in price will be charged or refunded. Once we have received confirmation of your times from the golf clubs, we will notify you in writing.
- Amendments and cancellations to confirmed golf within 30 days of departure may be subject to 100% cancellation charges.
- Once your golf times have been confirmed by the golf clubs, we reserve the right to charge an amendment fee if you decide to change them.
- Vouchers will be issued for green fees paid to us. These will be dispatched with travel documents or provided in resort and should be presented at the golf club a minimum of 20 minutes prior to play commencing.
- Unused vouchers will not be refunded unless course closure has prevented play. In such cases written confirmation from the club concerned or our local representative is required before a refund can be made. This also applies to tee-times booked for the arrival day if unable to play due to delays etc.
- Local golf taxes, golf insurance and federation fees, if applicable, are payable by you direct to the golf club.
- Most golf courses now require a valid handicap certificate. It is your responsibility to ensure that a valid certificate is available for presentation locally if required and that your handicap meets with the requirements of the particular courses you wish to play.
- Where you request specific start times we will endeavour to arrange these. We reserve the right to vary both the start times and courses after they have been confirmed. Golf course management reserve the right to change tee-times at their discretion without prior notification. You are therefore advised to check in resort in advance.
- Many courses only permit play as 4 ball games and golfers booking in smaller parties may be teamed up where necessary. Please note that golf courses will always reserve the right to make you up into 4 -balls, this could result in you playing with people that are not part of your group.
- Unless otherwise stated, golf trollies, carts / buggies are not included in the cost.
- We cannot be held responsible for the actual playing condition of courses, including changes caused by periodic course maintenance. We tell the courses to advise us of any planned maintenance but this does not always happen. We will notify you if your round coincides with maintenance that we are aware of.
- We cannot be held responsible for any accident occurring while playing golf, or taking part in any other sporting activity. It is essential that you have Travel Insurance with sufficient specific golf and sports cover to include public liability while playing.12. We cannot be held liable for non availability of buggies at golf courses. These should be requested at the time of booking.
- In cases where we have invoiced incorrectly, we reserve the right to correct the client’s invoice to what was quoted. This does not affect the cancellation terms and conditions.
If You Wish To Complain:
Should you have a complaint, you must discuss it at the time with the hotel, golf course, transfer company or car rental company, or with us or our local representatives. We are unable to consider complaints or claims for compensation if we have not been notified during your stay. All complaints must be received in writing within 14 days of you departure from the hotel.